Re: Lubuntu 12.04 Alpha 1 Testing

Hello Julien,

I was unable to open this: http://91.189.93.73
Site is blocked by my ISP and anyway it doesn't seem a valid IP address
anyway.

Another thing: I understand testing in Virtual Machines (VirtualBox) is
SAFE but will that be the same as testing on real installation?
For someone like me who has spare PC and/or HDD, I don't think it will be a
problem but for someone who doesn't have, I think VirtualBox comes in
handy. Am I right?

I had some personal issues and problems in real life so not sure if I'll be
active in Testing but will do my best.

Keep up the good work and thanks for all your efforts :)

Ali/amjjawad

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 10:38 PM, Julien Lavergne <gilir@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The 1st Alpha of Lubuntu 12.04 is planned for Thurday. We started the
> ISO testing for Alpha 1, so if you want to help, you can join the
> testing process :)
>
> If you know how to use a virtual machine (Virtualbox) and how to install
> Lubuntu, you can help ! :) You can follow the steps on this wiki page :
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/ISO/Procedures .
>
> We uses a new ISO tracker to collect the results : http://91.189.93.73 .
> There are 4 ISOs that you can test : Live CD (Desktop) and Alternate
> ISO, both on i386 and amd64. All need to be tested, to be able to
> publish an Alpha 1.
>
> To be short, just download the ISO, run it into VirtualBox, check the
> testcase on the page of the ISO, and report the result.
>
> You don't need any technical knowledge, and if you have questions, you
> can ask on #lubuntu or #ubuntu-testing.
>
> Thanks in advance ! :)
>
> Regards,
> Julien Lavergne

Best Regards,

*amjjawad*
Lubuntu One Stop Thread (Mega
Thread)<http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1844755>
My Wiki Page <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad> | My
Launchpad<https://launchpad.net/%7Eamjjawad> |
My Ubuntu Forum Profile <http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=941822>

*My Actions Speak Louder Than My Words ||** ** I walk by faith, not by
sight **|| Imagination is more important than Knowledge || **Keep It Simple
and Short*