Re: Lubuntu 12.04 Alpha 1 Testing

Le 11/29/2011 10:31 PM, amjjawad HOOHAA a écrit :
> I was unable to open this: http://91.189.93.73 <http://91.189.93.73/>
> Site is blocked by my ISP and anyway it doesn't seem a valid IP
> address anyway.
Ah :( but it's temporaly, the site should be available on a real DNS
adress for Alpha 2 ( http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/). Still, the ISOs are
available in http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/lubuntu/daily-live/current/ is
people just want to have a look.

> Another thing: I understand testing in Virtual Machines (VirtualBox)
> is SAFE but will that be the same as testing on real installation?
Not exactly, because the hardware on the virtual machine is generic. You
can test many things on a vm, but it's nice to test it also on a real
hardware.

However, for Alpha 1, it's not important to test it on real hardware.
It's still very early in the cycle. It's more critical for Beta ISO for
example.