Re: Me again :)

Le 12/16/2011 05:20 PM, amjjawad HOOHAA a écrit :
> 1- I'm thinking about a Marketing Team which will be dedicated to
> Lubuntu Marketing and its members will focus ONLY on Marketing. As
> always, I'm willing to contribute and join but I just thought to
> propose the idea here and SO SORRY if this is not the right place to
> do that :)
I'll put this topic for discussion in the next team meeting. I would
like to set up teams, and the Marketing team is one of them.

> 2- What are the chances of having a dedicated Forum JUST for Lubuntu?
> or maybe a Sub-Forum either on Ubuntu Forum or LXDE Forum? needless to
> say I'm more than up to this but again, I'd like to propose the idea here.
On http://ubuntuforums.org/, I'm not sure there are dedicated forum for
Kubuntu, Xubuntu ... Using tag seems to be useful, because some requests
/ questions may apply to all the derivatives.

> 3- Lubuntu is an official variant of Ubuntu now. Regarding the funds
> and stuff like that, is Canonical taking care of that? what if I find
> someone who can denote or help us financially?  I understand it's free
> OS but I'm working on that ... I'm looking for someone to denote or
> help us financially.
Canonical doesn't provide direct financial support, unless they have
financial interest :) They already provide various support, by giving us
access to some services, see
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RecognizedDerivatives for details.

> 4- Like GNOME 2.xx (say Ubuntu 10.04), how can I add my username to
> the panel? is there anyway? in Ubuntu 10.04, I can see my username on
> the top panel but how hard or easy is it to do the same on Lubuntu?
Using indicator-session-gtk2 + the indicator applet of lxpanel should
work. The support for indicators in Lubuntu is not perfect, some of them
have need Ubuntu / GNOME components to run properly.