Re: Me again :)

Hello Julien,

Thank you so much for your reply :)

1- I'll put this topic for discussion in the next team meeting. I would
> like to set up teams, and the Marketing team is one of them.

That would be great. We do need such team which should NOT be isolated from
Ubuntu Team (sorry if I didn't explain myself previously). The Marketing
Team Members are Lubuntu Members who will be dedicated to do one main
job/task and that will be "Marketing".

Also, we do need a Wiki or Documentation Team.

> 2- On http://ubuntuforums.org/, I'm not sure there are dedicated forum
> for Kubuntu, Xubuntu ... Using tag seems to be useful, because some
> requests / questions may apply to all the derivatives.

No, on Ubuntu Forum, there is no dedicated Sub-Forum for the other variant
(Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Edubuntu or Lubuntu) but instead, there is Prefix
Feature: http://i52.tinypic.com/i2ks2s.jpg

I totally understand and actually SUPPORT the idea of keeping Lubuntu as it
is on Ubuntu Forum but I'm not really sure whether having a Sub-Forum on
Ubuntu Forum for Lubuntu is a good or bad idea?
Ubuntu Forum has many Sub-Forum (Absolute Beginner Talk, General Help,
Hardware and Laptops, Multimedia and Video, Desktop Environment, etc) and I
was just wondering how good or bad if Lubuntu will have a Sub-Forum just
like the other Categories? we are NOT isolating it, we are just Organizing
it. As long as it will have Clear and Obvious Category, everyone can jump
in and help. I see lots of posts from people who are not Lubuntu Users but
they are willing to help and I see that daily, not to mention those who
help out with testing :)

What about a Sub-Forum on LXDE Forum? if that's possible, it would be great
since I'm a moderator there. However, someone must do something please
about the continuous problem on LXDE Website. It's up and down and when
it's up, it's very slow.

3- Canonical doesn't provide direct financial support, unless they have
> financial interest :) They already provide various support, by giving us
> access to some services, seehttps://wiki.ubuntu.com/RecognizedDerivatives for
> details.

What I'm thinking and wondering about: Having more resources depends on
money or something else? also, if we are an official variant for Ubuntu
then it's not bad idea at all if Canonical spend something to improve
Lubuntu in any possible way. I have no idea how their system work and to be
honest don't want to be involved, I have enough stuff to care about but I
was just wondering.
I'll keep searching for people who can really support us financially. In
case I find someone, what shall I do?

4- Using indicator-session-gtk2 + the indicator applet of lxpanel should
> work. The support for indicators in Lubuntu is not perfect, some of them
> have need Ubuntu / GNOME components to run properly.

Well, I think there is a bug using these on both Lubuntu 11.10 and 11.04.
On 11.10, adding the above two packages will not add the username. Adding
the username must be done through "indicator-me" which is gone in 11.10 and
no longer in the repositories.
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/07/ubuntu-11-10-menu-goodbye/

As for 11.04, indicator-me package is still in the repositories but when I
added it and rebooted, it's done and on PCManFM, there is no File, Edit,
etc ... I have no idea what happened.

There is already some bugs and I commented on one of them but can't find it
right now.
I have asked that question because there is a case where there are 3
different users are using the same PC and they want something to display
the name of the current logged in user beside a feature to switch to
another user.
"indicator-me" package has 126 files to be downloaded and installed. I was
wondering if it's impossible to use "indicator me" in 11.10, is there any
other alternative?

Thank you :)

@Everyone else who replied, thanks a lot and I'll get back to you shortly :)

--
Best Regards,

*amjjawad*
Lubuntu One Stop Thread (Mega
Thread)<http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1844755>
My Wiki Page <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad> | My
Launchpad<https://launchpad.net/%7Eamjjawad> |
My Ubuntu Forum Profile <http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=941822>

*My Actions Speak Louder Than My Words ||** ** I walk by faith, not by
sight **|| Imagination is more important than Knowledge || **Keep It Simple
and Short*