Re: Lubuntu Users

Let me clarify with an example.  I don't use any of the penguin games
that come with Lubuntu.  I'm assuming most of you don't either.  If
you had data that said virtually no Lubuntu users used the games, you
could take that into consideration when trying to balance out what to
include in the next version.  It seems you like guys speculate a lot
about what your users are doing, instead of knowing, and this leads to
difficult decision-making processes.  More data might make it easier
to, for instance, decide which browser to include.  And I don't imply
that data should *dictate* decisions--it should simply be a factor.

Would it be possible to include something like a voluntary survey with
a round of updates?  That would be better than raw numbers, and the
users who care enough to fill it out would probably provide the best
data.

Also: I don't care much about popularity, and I think the numbers at
distrowatch are little more than meaningless.  I'm talking about
getting data from the committed Lubuntu users.

PF