Re: Lubuntu Users

On 12/17/2011 04:19 PM, Jean-Pierre Vidal Piesset wrote:

> 2011/12/17 Gabriel Salles <gabrielpereca@xxxxxxxxx>

>> Companies, universities, etc. will have a local repo or cache and
>> only download the update once for thousands of machines. Even some
>> home users do this if they have few machines.

> Off topic, but just to know, can you point me on how to do that?

Use any of the relevant packages for doing that, such as apt-mirror,
apt-proxy or apt-cacher-ng .

There's an ancient tutorial on howtoforge that might still be relevant,
if you need a tutorial (reading the docs that come with the package is
better, IMO!).  http://www.howtoforge.com/local_debian_ubuntu_mirror

Jonathan