Re: Lubuntu Users (popularity-contest)

Le 12/18/2011 03:03 AM, Jonathan Marsden a écrit :
> Will whatever new survey you are proposing clearly do better than this?
>  Would enhancing popularity-contest and its associated infrastructure so
> it *does* distinguish between the various flavours of Ubuntu be as
> useful, or more useful, than your proposal?  How do current numbers of
> users (as reported by popcon) installing lubuntu-desktop or lxde-common
> compare to those installing ubuntu-desktop, for example?
>
> Overall, I recommend using existing tools and data over trying to build
> a new survey mechanism from scratch.
Yes, popcon is handy for pure statistics, but you can't use it for
feedbacks about the usability of the system, or what user would like to
see in priority.

Of course, using a survey is not 100% reliable, but I don't think any
tools which gather this type of data is 100% reliable :) I think a
survey done once after each release, could be a good source of information.