Re: IRC person

On 26 December 2011 05:31, Phill Whiteside <phillw@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi gang,
>
> As noted at the last meeting, it is the desire of Julien to have the teams
> back working as teams. This is ever more important as we grow.
>
> A while back, at the behest of unit193 [1] an area was created [2]. Those of
> you who are ops will recall my nagging you to join!
>
> Well, as they said in the Movie "Blues Brothers"... We're putting the band
> back together.
>
> It is my proposal that Unit193 be the Point of Contact for things relating
> to our lubuntu channels to both the Ubuntu IRCCouncil and freenode.
>
> Whilst we do joke about having 'bosses' etc. Unit193 is not a 'boss', it is
> for him to ensure that we get a digest each meeting of anything 'happening'
> in the world of UbuntuIRCCouncil and freenode and also raise any issues we,
> as a team, have.
>
> If anyone has objections to him taking on that role, now is the time to say.
> A -1 will register your vote against. As we all know this guy, I hope there
> are none.
>  (Although I'm sure he would appreciate a few +1's)
>
> Regards,
>
> Phill.
>
> [1]https://wiki.edubuntu.org/Unit193
> [2]https://launchpad.net/~lubuntu-irc-ops
>
> --
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw

Sounds fine, my main concern with IRC is how we are travelling
integrating into the main ubuntu namespace on freenode. I haven't
heard anything about that in a long time. I'd +1 if it meant we
started making headway in this regard.

Jared Norris JP(Qual) BBehSc(Psych)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris