lubuntu-irc-ops team mailing list archive

Re: I quit

On 11 March 2012 04:30, Phill Whiteside <PhillW@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> with immediate effect I will not follow a non existent set of rules. We did
> well before IIRC poked their noses in, just look at how EU is going :)
>
> If IIRC want to remove my status in the lubuntu channels let them... I'll
> sue their ass's off. I'm fed up of being bullied by "council" - Lubuntu
> existed before that council was elected.
> We have our OP's agreed on and accepted through the ranks. For one of them
> to say I have a problem "letting go" was the final straw..... Jeez, how long
> did it take to convince you
> to take up the mantle of Chief Boss of our OP's?
>
> As an +F person, you decide upon which privs me to retain on #lubuntu and
> #lubuntu-offtopic
>
> I will no longer waste my time keeping tags open for them, as when I ask a
> question and push it for reasoning, they have failed every time to answer
> it.
>
> Regards,
>
> Phill.
> --
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw
>

> --

Phill,

I'm sad you see it this way. I've just finished reading the scroll
back in the channels that I'm in. It's possible I've missed something
somewhere in a different channel but from what I can see I can't see
what the issue is. The rules are simple and have from what I'm aware
of always been upheld in the Lubuntu -ot areas anyway, even if not
officially then simply by previously policing methods.

All Ubuntu namespace channels require users follow the CoC and
Guidelines (for those of you not familiar -
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IRC/Guidelines), both main channels and -ot
channels alike. I don't see this as a heavy burden as if you read the
guidelines there's really nothing standing out as overbearing or
something you wouldn't expect to see in a public channel.

None of this is new and all of this was in place well before we fought
to join the Ubuntu officialdom. If we didn't want to join up to this
set of rules why did we work hard at being officially recognised?

--
Regards,

Jared Norris JP(Qual) BBehSc(Psych)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris