Re: What is Lubuntu's plan regarding the non-pae kernel?

Hiyas,

I'm also sending, as opposed to CC'ing, Julien just to check that my AFAIK
is correct.

Canonical decided to cease support for 'non-pae' chipsets. We did have a
fairly lively discussion on the subject as to being able to continue to
support such chip-sets. The answer that came back was that the decision was
final. Our only recourse would be to back-port to our releases that fully
supported such chip-sets, which was before our adoption. Quite simply, yes
we would love to back-port to 10.04 and support it, but we cannot give
12.04 as an LTS either  - *we simply do not have enough people who are able
to do so.*

Honest, just as we are doing with ppc on this release - we ARE trying, but
there are simply not enough people to be able to sort out back-porting.

I'm sure Julien will correct me on any points that I am wrong on.

sadly,

Phill.