What is Lubuntu's plan regarding the non-pae kernel?

First of all I have no hardware that's incapable of running the pae kernel but a few folks have reported at the forums getting an error, "kernel requires feature pae and won't boot", particularly with Pentium M machines.

I've been doing some studying and it looks like upgrades from Oneiric w/non-pae to Precise remain non-pae,
 and undoubtedly using the mini.iso will work, but I'd think both of
those options would require fast ethernet.

I also typically encounter problems using the mini.iso with my wired network, that's nothing new, I just end up having to connect the machine that's booting the mini.iso directly to my modem, which means all of my other machines have to be down while the net-install completes.

BTW I'm talking about the non-pae mini.iso:

http://www.us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/precise/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/

Anyway here at Launchpad:

Stéphane Graber said, "I know some flavours of Ubuntu chose to ship with non-PAE by default,
using one of these (probably xubuntu and lubuntu) would work too."

So I wonder if we are in fact going to rebuild our iso's with the non-pae kernel? It would seem rather appropriate since our target audience is older, lower resource computers.

Many thanks in advance,

Lance

Follow ups