Re: Installation of Lubuntu 12.04 ppc

I'm sorry, i'm so dumb. Anyway, with the today daily built (15 febr)
the installation finally passed through :) :)

I installed it on an external scsi-firewire hd (identical to the
internal) and can now play around with it. And, if you or someone else
has the patience to tell me how to try out and how to report, i'll try
to do my best.

Then, is there somewhere the place (here?) to express something like
wishes? Just at a first glance, what i saw:
- substitute the blank (black) screen with something nicer
(Natty_Bug.png e.g. :) )
- the Openbox configuration menu by default in Preferences (at least
for me it didn' t appear
- the right-click menu on the desktop comes with only 3 apps. In
Debian wheezy + LXDE setup i have it with

Applications (Xterm, pcmanfm, firefox)
Desktop (> submenus)
Desktop Settings
WindowManagementSettings (obconf)
Reload Config Files
Exit

(I know, you can build that yourself too, but at least me, as an
average user, i'd to do a lot of bricolage to find out, where and how)

Some Icons on the desktop (you can build them yourself passing through
the wiki Lxde - if i remember correctly) but i'd find it better, if it
would be there by default: Filesystem, Home, Trash

Possibly, it would also be a good idea to insert by default lxmed
(which is not perfect, but good and helpful; and it does not come with
all that dependencies alacarte has).

Then, booting into the Lubuntu hd, immediately i got a msg about a
lubuntu software center crash. And this is, what the related log file
says (only the end:

--------------------------------
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
InstallationMedia: Lubuntu 12.04 "Precise Pangolin" - Alpha powerpc (20120215)
Package: lubuntu-software-center 0.0.4-0ubuntu1
PackageArchitecture: all
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-16.25-powerpc 3.2.6
SourcePackage: lubuntu-software-center
Tags:  precise
Title: lubuntu-software-center-build-db crashed with KeyError in __main__: 'ppc'
Uname: Linux 3.2.0-16-powerpc ppc
UnreportableReason:
 Sie haben einige veraltete Paketversionen installiert. Bitte
aktualisieren Sie die folgenen Pakete und prüfen Sie, ob das Problem
danach noch auftritt:

 gir1.2-gtk-3.0, insserv, libcomerr2, libgtk-3-0, libgtk-3-common,
libnih-dbus1, libnih1, mountall
(Translating the german sentence: "You have some outdated software
packages installed. Please update and check, if the problem
disappears").

Oh, and then a question: Personally, i prefer blueman and wicd (which
needs to have network-manager and network-manager-gnome to be
uninstalled). Will that create a problem for lubuntu ppc?

Ok, that's it, for the moment. I hope that was a lit better to
understand and to deal with.