Re: My current list of issues!

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 3:38 PM, o jordan <ojordan12345@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

>   something and then click on the link in disk utility to open in a file
> manager, it wants to spawn nautilus which produces an

nautilus?? never had it called for at all.

> Something lubuntu specific: For the powerpc builds would it be possible to
> remove the chromium icon on the task bar and replace it with firefox? As
> you know we don't have chromium and so the icon is just currenty a crossed
> out symbol. I haven't raised this as a bug as I wanted to sound out if it
> was possible? Also, with the various feature/interface freezes occuring is
> there time to fix?

i couldn't agree more on this.

Lots of crashes recently such as notification-daemon (I know it is vague,
> but it is late here).

haven't double checked this in a new ppc, but re: x86 possibly fixed:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/notification-daemon/+bug/933216

> Network-manager icon doesn't display correctly, but it does in
> Ubuntu.  Grey background and shows the ethernet symbol (two arrows) when
> not connected.  Have failed to track down the problem currently.

this also went away with today's updates. of course, the lubuntu-desktop
and dev-staging ppa's are added, so i'm guessing it has to do with the
artwork update..

Lubuntu-software-manger crashes on startup of desktop.  Why is trying to
> start anyway?  Is Lubuntu scanning my drives for package archives (and it
> will find them 'cos I've got lots of CDs on partitions) and then trying to
> load Lubuntu-Software-Manager automatically?

i think i saw someone else mention this but i haven't had this same
problem. again, an update (and again perhaps with the ppa's) may be in
order.

long story short i think it's good to have an install that runs the sort of
"standard" and one that runs with the latest development updates to compare.

if that's not possible, when you report on such things, please include
version numbers of packages.

wxl