Re: Sleep key & Close lid do not work - 12.04 Lubuntu ppc

Meanwhile, just to figure out (also to test if internet sharing with
wicd and scripts works - it does!) i installed also a MintPPC 11
(which is based on Debian wheezy with additional mint katya
repsoitories). I didn't configure it but did just some comparisons to
lubuntu 12.04:

The standby and hibernate funktions seem to work on mintppc 11; on
lubuntu only hibernate works  (which creates me some problems to awake
it because systematically it does not recognize the firewire disk.
Btw, that's not a problem of lubuntu, it was exactly the same with
another firewire hd and mintppc on it).

When i check powerprefs (comes by default with mintppc; on lubuntu i
installed it), i note some significant differences i don't really
understand the reason why (skilled persons very likely will):

Mint                                           Lubuntu

Close Lid:   RAM or Disk           only Disk
Sleep Key:  RAM or Disk           only Disk

(note: In my understanding RAM means Sleep - writing content to ram;
Disk means Hibernate - writing content to img file. Correct?)

Keyboard illumination
active                                        greyed out
LCD adapting
active                                        greyed out

May be, it is not a Lubuntu ppc but an Ubuntu ppc problem. But a
problem it remains. There is something around power control not really
working like it should. Sorry for being so unspecific, but i'm a
simple user not a programmer.