Re: Lubuntu 12.04 beta test

Hi Paul,

yeah, working out what is 'generic' and lubuntu is really important. Quite
simply, they have more devs than us! It's a shame you missed out on the
call for people qualified to help on the recent request from the government
for the putting together a panel to discuss such things. For schools, the
ubuntu family specifically has edubuntu [1] From every one (all three of
them) I have steered in that direction I have had 100% report back as it is
not just a 'system', it is a community where the poor guy 'allocated' IT
can discuss with others about anything.

My only other discussion re: lubuntu & schools was a couple of years ago
when some one from the african continent asked about the viability of using
lubuntu on a thin blade server as gnome had simply gotten to the point
where the server could not serve the multiple sign ons from what were
pretty "dumb" computers. He took the time out to thank us, as it reduced
the server load by 30% and ensured that they could continue to offer IT
lessons. Each time some one discusses 'old kit', I do remember that chat -
Even though it was a couple of years ago and lasted a couple of days.
Lubuntu made a difference.

All you have to do now is grab some developers for lubuntu! Such is our
team size, a couple of extra people would make a massive difference. For
example, some one familiar with back-porting would get 10.04 updated (the
last release that can support pre i686 chipsets). The desire is there, we
simply are lacking in numbers.