Re: Ubuntu Precise Beta 2 coming soon. Be ready to test your laptop.

Hiyas,

having finally had some sleep and a re-read, it all makes sense :)

The ubuntu friendly part is to profile your laptop & see how it performs
with *buntu installed, such things as graphics chips etc. can cause
problems. Once the laptop is registered as being *buntu friendly it allows
people to quickly see what laptops work with *buntu with no pain. I've
either been very lucky, else full *buntu support is supported by many
laptops. All mine have taken to it like ducks to water. But I am aware that
not all laptops get on with the penguin mainly due to closed source drivers
for graphics etc.

I'll get the tests run on my EasyNote and profile it.