Re: LubuntuPreciseLiveSessionTesting (nicholas.skaggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)

Hi Allen,

firstly, let me thank you for taking the time to test. The lubuntu-qa team
'proper' was founded on Christmas day of last year. We've come a long way
in that time! During this cycle, the 'main' QA team have been focused on
what the 'spread-sheet' of tests should be come 12.10 as it was apparent
the exisiting tests were too distro specific.

AFAIK, the idea is to have the tests listed, along with which of our many,
many flavours each test applies to. For example, there is no point having a
test nautilus for lubuntu, as we use pcmanfm - and that is of no use to
those who use nautilus... I hope you get the underlying reasoning.

Nicholas has already put a lot of time into this. I'm sure you can realise
that having a full set of flavour specific tests that cover the essential
stuff for edubuntu, lubuntu, kubuntu, ubuntu, ubuntu-studio & xubuntu
(apollogies if I missed one, or more... i tried in alphabetical order), is
quite a task when you are already part way through the alphas! And,, just
for fun, then add in the likes of the ppc / arm computers.

The system for 12.10 will, hopefully, be announced at or shortly after
UDS-Q. At which point the flavours can start work on their specific tests.

As for chrome / chormium, whilst not my favourite browser in the world, it
is currently the lowest resource browser that lubuntu have found that is on
the official repos. I'm in India on a Red Hat Certified Engineer course,
and Chrome refuses to even remember my tabs etc because I will not sign in.
but, as I'm running Red Hat linux for my course, Chromium is not available
to me.

If you'd like to have a chat with our lubuntu-qa team please head over to
https://launchpad.net/~lubuntu-qa none of us bite, and I will approve your
application as soon as I get it in waking hours. Goa is GMT/UTC +5.5