lubuntu-qa team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
QA report for meeting
I tried pinging kanliot earlier, but got no response. As we have the RC
released tomorrow, there are a few things I'd like you to mention on my
behalf if Karl misses the meeting.
1) https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/966403 There is
work-around, but it will not be fixed for the release. So far, it only
affects limited systems, but as it is a kernel bug; it could affect more
people. The release team are going to keep a close eye on it. I've asked
for more details as to how the work-around is actually done. (see my email
2) https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apt/+bug/850264 There is a fix
out, should land tomorrow. This affects anyone going from 11.10 --> 12.04
3) The -release team have pushed through as many bug-fixes for ppc as they
can, including the one where the kernel installs in the wrong place.
4) The current set of 'standard' tests do not suit lubuntu (wrong browser,
wrong place for 'shut down'.. etc.). As 'main' QA were discussing the best
system for 12.10 to account for flavours, we had to make do with what we
had. The new system of tests will be in place for 12.10 testing.
5) Ask for any extra testers come tomorrows release which will appear at
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker our wiki area at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Testing Has all the links needed.
6) If you would, from me, please thank all those who have tested.
Lubuntu-QA are highly respected. Not too bad for a team that is only really
just under 4 months old. As the next meeting will be D-Day +1 of 12.04, I
am sure our support guys will be busy. I'll ensure that the lubuntu-qa
team, and 'main' -QA let them know of any last minute breaking changes.
On a personal note, I'd like to thank you and the devs. Few in number you
are, high in quality you are. I'll repeat my thanks to all of the teams as
we hit release. 12.04 is looking awesome :)