Re: System Requirements

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 23:48:09 +0530
Phill Whiteside <PhillW@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hiyas folks,
>
> as 12.04 is rapidly creeping up on us, we need to prep up
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/GetLubuntu and our description of
> what the minimal specs are for running lubuntu on all the architectures.
>
> What is needed is the minimal specifications to:
>
> 1) Install via Desktop (Graphical) system
> 2) Install via Alternate system
> 3) To run Lubuntu 12.04 at a reasonable speed (Minimal Install)
>
> For each of the following:

My tests have shown the following to be reliable for installation, with the Beta2 ISO.  The CPUs are the slowest I have of that type.  None of the machines had on-board graphics.  The HDD sizes are for a single disk in the machine and really need to be larger to actually do anything useful.  All machines ran OK with the lowest amount of RAM, although the PII wasn't powerful enough to run Flash.

> i686 (32 Bit)
CPU:      266MHz PII
Live CD:  384 MiB RAM, 3.6 GB HDD
Alt CD:   128 MiB RAM, 2.1 GB HDD