Re: [Lubuntu-wiki-docs] System Requirements

On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 12:39:19 +0200
Julien Lavergne <gilir@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Le 04/21/2012 10:57 AM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) a écrit :
> > 1-  http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=11832431&postcount=152
> > <http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=11832431&postcount=152>
> > Mini ISO + lubuntu-core + lxdm + wicd = the above result.
> > It's a 1999 or 1998 old laptop which is broken if you can see it
> > already and it has the lowest hardware specifications that I could
> > manage to get [366MHz P2 with 64MB RAM and 4GB HDD].
> Please note that we support mainly lubuntu-core + lightdm +
> network-manager, because we used them on the Desktop ISO. Of course
> using lxdm + wicd is supposed to work, but we didn't test it very well
> during the cycle.

Known problems should be restricted to the packages on the ISO.  Occasional crashes don't need mentioning.

> > 2- On P4 with less than 256MB of RAM, I have done many Lubuntu
> > Installation from the LiveCD and/or LiveUSB which is NOT alternate NOT
> > Mini ISO so the graphical installation will work under 256MB BUT VERY
> > SLOW.
> You are lucky :) I tried on Virtualbox with 384 Mb and it crashed during
> the installation. I think we can mention that using live ISO is safe on
> 512 Mb, but may work under less memory. If there is any problems, people
> should use alternate ISO.

Virtualbox does seem to need that bit more memory compared to a hardware install.

--
Steve <yorvik.ubunto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>