house keeping, emptying the bins, doing the washing-up, dusting & polishing :)

Hiyas QA,

Just a quick heads up. Today i will altering all the lubuntu-qa accounts to
lapse 10 days later. Don't think I'm picking on you, this is simply routine
house work so as not to have 500 idle members of a group (not that we
have). It's only a click to renew :)

The words 'Thank-you' are sadly insufficient for conveying the difference
you have made. I do hope that, amongst the 'pulling the hair out' and 'head
butting the wall' moments that you've all had a few laughs on the way.

So, what did we achieve?

Installable and working releases on more platfroms than we thought was
possible. I can also say that were it not for the lubuntu PPC testers,
there was a high probability that there would not have been a PPC release
anywhere. Lubuntu is commited to 'older' kit. For such a niche market,
without the testers; it simply would not have happened. For older chipsets
on the intel / amd range, the non-pae kernel as default for i686 - if it
were not for voices raised, that would not have happened (It did take
Xubuntu to say that was what they wished). For someone going via our
minimal core install, tweaking it for what they put on we never would have
known that a PII with 64MB of RAM is a bit sluggish, but usuable (32MB RAM
is toooooo slow).

For 12.10?
He he, mentioned a while ago was if Lubuntu would dip its toes into the ARM
chipset. The eternal, and going problem is that Lubuntu, like all teams,
does not have enough devs. So, go and kidnap one, keep him / her locked in
the cellar and feed them human sacrifices if this works :D
Oh, yeah, I nearly forgot, we still need someone who knows how to
'back-port' as our 10.04 is miles out of date and it was the last one that
would on the sub i386 chipsets.

A new 'application' testing set of QA is due for 12.10, hopefully we'll
have full details shortly after UDS-Q. From what I understand (and Nicholas
is welcome to correct me), we will write up tests that are lubuntu specific
(or, none 'core') for what we include so that thier basic functionality can
be tested.

On-Line Virtual Machines for testing. Go play on the Virtual Machine, go
break it, report the bug & then reset it. I think they will be useful at
least through the alpha's and into beta1. Obviously if the devs want to try
something 'crazy' they will remain there all the way through as thier ISO
images will be zsynced up and then available for a secondary down load site
come the release date.

Well, here's to " Quantal Quetzal" - No doubt Lance will have a different
nick for it... I came up with "Quantum Quail" before our S.A.B.D.F.L. made
his decree :)

Things to think about before we all start again!

It is a great honour to be your admin guy,

Thanks,