Re: PPC & FireFox

Hi Julien.

when chatting to Nicholas (balloons on IRC) in todays QA meeting, he did
not mention it as a block to A1 for ppc (There are a lot of other things to
test!). I guess a mention in the release notes for ppc A1's is warranted to
prevent duplicate bugs arriving on the bug tracker.

Anytime before feature-freeze is quite soon enough in the cycle to include
an application which Mozilla themselves will have tested (I do hope it is
well before then!).

I'll go ask Nicholas and Kate about including the matter in the generic
release notes for A1 ppc (as it is not just Lubuntu who is affected).

On 6 June 2012 19:27, Lars Noodén <lars.nooden@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 6/6/12 9:15 PM, Julien Lavergne wrote:
> > Le 06/06/2012 07:14 PM, Phill Whiteside a écrit :
> >> @ Julien, any ideas on a (rough) time scale.
> >
> > Probably not for Alpha 1, last update of firefox still not build on
> powerpc.
> >
> > Alpha 1 is supposed to "just" boot and install properly (no crash,
> > system usable ...). So, IMO we should not block the release for this.
> > But, if you consider it serious enough, we can not release powerpc ISO
> > for A1.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Julien Lavergne
>
> Well, it boots and installs fine, so if those are the only criteria, it
> passes.  I can redo the tests tomorrow pm (utc+3) with that in mind.
> However, there's not much use from it without a browser.
>
> Regards,
> /Lars

Abusive E-mail? Please notify the Terms of Service monitor.
Legal  |  Terms of Service  |  Charter of Rights  |  Contact Us