Re: Bug 1015880 Manual install - inability to select partition for grub install and change file type ext3

On 06/23/2012 12:15 AM, Karl Anliot wrote:

> about ubiquity.  Remember when I was yelling about ubiquity being
> completely wierd when running without a swap file?  People on the
> forums seemed to agree...

Are you saying that bug #1015880 goes away if the test install
environment has at least 1GB of RAM and no swap file?  Did you test and
confirm this?

Or, is the "being completely wierd" issue you refer to not related to
bug #1015880, which is the subject of this email?

I'm probably a little confused here... I just confirmed the bug exists
for me using the 20120622 daily at

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/lubuntu/daily-live/20120622/quantal-desktop-i386.iso

which has an md5sum of e75d146d5aca1396df74feef670e1bb5

For me, it occurs in a VM of 512MB RAM, and also in one of 2GB RAM.
This is in VirtualBox 4.1.16 installed from

  virtualbox-4.1_4.1.16-78094~Ubuntu~lucid_amd64.deb

I then manually partitioned the (virtual) disk using sudo fdisk /dev/sda
to include a 1GB swap partition, and did the usual

  sudo mkswap /dev/sda2
  sudo swapon /dev/sda2
  sudo swapon -s
  free -m

to make sure that it was set up for and being used as swap space.

Even after all that... on a VM with 2GB RAM and 1GB swap... the bug
described in bug #1015880 remains.

So, as far as I can tell, RAM size does not affect this issue.  If you
think it does, please provide full details of the testing you have done
to confirm this, in sufficient detail that others can reproduce your
testing process.

Thanks,

Jonathan