Fw: Re: abiword revert script

Just realized that this didn't go to the whole Lubuntu qa list and others may have valuable input.

Lance

--- On Sat, 7/14/12, Lance <lbsolost@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Lance <lbsolost@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: abiword revert script
To: "Jonathan Marsden" <jmarsden@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Phill Whiteside" <phillw@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Saturday, July 14, 2012, 6:26 AM

Jonathan,

Regarding your existing bash script; it's fine but there's probably no need to start with updating, upgrading and running "-f install"  at the beginning. I included that as a "sanity check" of sorts.

The same is true about updating and running "-f install" at the end, just another sanity check ;^)

You sparked my interest though about creating a new source and I gained a little, but I'm not there yet :^(

First of all purge remains the same, but I'm wondering if I should wild-card any of the packages? I'd remind you that I'm intent on making this work with Ubuntu, Lubuntu, Xubuntu, and Kubuntu ;^)

Aside from that I can easily create a new source with:

sudo sed -e s'/precise/oneiric/g' /etc/apt/sources.list | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.oneiric

I had to ask for some help regarding "apt-get
 -c":

http://lists.debian.org/deity/2005/05/msg00236.html

And after reading that I ended up with:

sudo apt-get -o Item::Dir::Etc::SourceList=/etc/apt/sources.list.oneiric update

So far, so good ;^)

But I still get Precise packages trying this:

sudo apt-get -o Item::Dir::Etc::SourceList=/etc/apt/sources.list.oneiric install abiword

So I'm a bit stumped (and tired) ATM :^(

OTOH I PM'ed Eliah Kagan about this PPA:

https://launchpad.net/~degeneracypressure/+archive/abiword

Regardless it's good to be able to collaborate with others on such an issue.

Lance