Fwd: ISO Testing Cadence

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nicholas Skaggs <nicholas.skaggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 17 July 2012 04:21
Subject: ISO Testing Cadence
To: ubuntu-qa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 During the quantal cycle a thread was proposed to change the way we as
ubuntu look at testing and quality. For details, check out the archives

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2012-June/thread.html#35345

I fair warning, it's quite long :-)

As part of this, last week I issued the call to do focused testing of our
daily isos. This may have come as a surprise to some of you, so I put
together a post with some more information here:

http://www.theorangenotebook.com/2012/07/testing-in-cadence.html

I'd like to see us come from the woodwork and commit to this for the
remainder of the cycle. It's a big undertaking, and not something that's
every been asked of by the qa community in ubuntu before. For the precise
cycle we helped deliver a stable platform that can be supported for 5
years. It was a first for us as a community. This cycle we're continuing
paving new ground in setting a cadence for regular testing. Won't you join
us?

Nicholas