Re: Should we test Desktop more and Alternates less

Le 07/22/2012 04:23 AM, Greg Faith a écrit :
> Since we keep hearing that alternates may go by the way-side I am
> wondering if we should concentrate our efforts on desktop testing and
> not alternate isos.  I know Lars and I are not having much luck with
> the alternate-powerpc iso.  I just had another failure on it and
> logged it.  Anyway, I have got to clean up the mess on my PowerBook G4
> as I have a bad install that will not boot right now, but the
> desktop-powerpc.isos are working well.
The question that you should ask is : If there is any hardware using
powerpc which not support installation with the desktop ISO ? On other
architectures, we keep an alternate ISO because we can't install Lubuntu
on some hardware (usually, when there is few RAM or disk space). If it's
not the case for powerpc, maybe we can drop the alternate ?

Regards,
Julien Lavergne