Re: Fwd: ISO Testing Screencast

Thank you so much for providing this video walkthrough. Overall, it has well clarified the task at hand. Have only been onboard just over a week, and I need all the help I can get.

Specific "off the top of my head" comments as follows. I'm going to be honest (hopefully not brutal).

1) Provide the URL for the Testdrive wiki page - preferably graphically onscreen rather that just voice.

2) The instructor has a tendency to speak just a little too fast at times, particularly and the ending of a sentence ie:....  "Hello, this is Balloons, and I'm here to give you a walkthrough of ....??? iso testing (I think)... my reaction was like... a walkthrough of what?

(I'm new bear in mind).

3) The instructor appears to assume that testers are familiar with wiki pages, Virtual Box software, and how to obtain iso disks. I suppose that could be a valid assumption, but perhaps a little more detail about the nature of testing and what we're looking for in our testing might be in order.

4) Testing on Virtual Box, by the way, would not provide me as an individual with what I came to Ubuntu or Lubuntu for. Virtual Box does not provide firewire support, and so one of the aspects that I'm looking for - moving making using my old camcorder - cannot be tested. Question arises - are there any other ways of using Testdrive other than as a  Virtual Box guest? I'd like to install it right on my old eMac PPC which is the Lubuntu distribution I'm testing. Might be worth addressing in the video.

5) Bug 890673 filed late last year, but marked as invalid, makes reference to the lack of a

LUBUNTU tab in Testdrive. The author replied that it was included from version 3.14 onward.
downloaded 3.16 today, and it's still not there. Or am I missing something?

6) Yes, the video could be improved so as to be more readable. Bear in mind that at least some of your audience will be over 50 with failing eyesight. (<sad grin>). So if you're going to make
 reference to something on the screen, I'd better be able to read it.

For the moment, that's it. Once I get Testdrive installed, I'll work my way through the rest of the video.

Hope I haven't offended anyone and that the comments will be taken in the spirit in which they are
 offered. We newbies need this sort of thing, and you're off to a very good start. Appreciate the
 work you've done.

Ron Mitchell