Re: ISO Testing Cadence Week

Hi Lance,

Bug #987418 is still active. On the defence of the release team, I include
a note from their meeting today:

(16:51:05) slangasek: I know 12.04.1 has pulled a lot of effort away from
quantal development for this first part of the cycle, but please make it a
focus for the next couple of weeks to get these back on track

The Abiword bug is also still very much alive and kicking.

@Nicholas could you check as to if any progress has been made to put the
'stable' version of Abiword into precise & quantal, the note from the
abiword people about frustration at ubuntu shipping an unstable is quite
evident.

Lance, with regard to cadence testing, it is accepted that the current set
up does not make the reporting of such tests easily available. It is being
worked upon.

(15:48:25) phillw: balloons: has any progress been made so that the daily
builds do not wipe out what has been tested on
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/219/builds
(15:52:06) balloons: phillw, you mean in the same way as during a milestone?
(15:52:24) balloons: this week, although it's harder for you to see the
previous results, they are not lost or wiped
(15:52:41) balloons: I am counting and attempting to track them.
(15:52:42) phillw: balloons: yes. otherwise no one knows what has been
tested :)
(15:53:08) balloons: phillw, yes, I know.. that is definitely an issue..
But we don't have a good tech solution atm to the problem
(15:53:16) phillw: the only way I can track is by turning on the history
which makes for a very long list!
(15:53:23) balloons: if we did a traditional milestone, we'd lose results
on the new iso releases

Honest, my good friend, these things are not being ignored! Please do not
feel down hearted.

If anyone has points that they wish raising at the weekly QA meeting,
please feel free to email me and I'll add them to the agenda at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/Meetings It is important that we know of
frustrations. I do try to keep myself updated by the tracker and this
mailing list as to any issues that I perceive as needing a 'kick up the
bum', but stuff can sneak in under my radar and I rely on you fantastic
people to poke me to ensure that we do not have people thinking there are
serious bugs that are felt to be unloved. Having had personally an un-loved
bug, I do fully appreciate just how frustrating it is!