amd64+mac issues

I'm still attempting to find a way of installing Lubuntu AMD64+Mac to an external USB drive. There are all sorts of posts on the net dealing with efi and the issues associated with OS X Lion. To complicate things, as mentioned in a previous message, I have Bootcamp installed on my MacBook and through it, Windows 8 pre-release.

I'm reluctant to touch my internal hard drive, hence the idea of using an external USB drive for testing Lubuntu.  However I've yet to find a way to make that work.

A question.

There is WUBI, which I've tried. The installation to my external USB drive appeared to go ok, but failed to boot on completion.

I noticed that WUBI wanted to download a Lubuntu image from the net before installing, even though I already had the latest disk present in my DVD-Rom drive. Any reason for that?

Cheers
Ron Mitchell

Follow ups