From: Nicholas Skaggs <nicholas.skaggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Lubuntu-qa] What can we do about abiword in Quantal?
To: "Lance" <lbsolost@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Phill Whiteside" <PhillW@xxxxxxxxxx>, lubuntu-qa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Julien Lavergne" <gilir@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, August 15, 2012, 1:14 PM

    Lance, for quantal I don't know of any
      restrictions. We should be able to update abiword as any other
      package in development. I see 2.9.2+svn20120603-1 is in there now.

      For precise, I see an older svn copy of abiword, also 2.9.2. I am
      not a ubuntu developer, so I don't know a ton about process in
      that regards. However, it should be trivial to ask for a resync of
      the abiword package from debian. However, quantal appears to
      already have the latest version from unstable, so I'm not sure why
      people are saying otherwise in the bug report.

      So I'm a bit confused. We're talking about getting abiword in
      precise fixed yes? If we're talking about quantal, then we have a
      bit of time to pursue options, as well as in general more options
      since it's not yet release nor an LTS :-)

      Nicholas