test case - Live disk with persistence.

Have just submitted test results for Lubuntu AMD64+Mac build of Aug 21 2012. (Live disk)  The first two parts were a pass, but the third - run live disk with persistence - I've marked as "in progress". Not sure that I'm doing it correctly.

The test case procedures make reference to use of Firefox to browse several pages, then a restart in persistent mode, browsing again, and another restart in persistent mode. Lubuntu doesn't come with Firefox. So I tried to do it with Chromium.  Not getting the expected result in that there is no record of pages browsed in the previous session.

Is the USB stick with casper-rw on it supposed to be mounted automatically? In my case it does not get mounted unless, after rebooting the live disk, I physically remove the USB stick and re-insert it. Then the partition shows up as casper-rw.

Just for info of all, I've spent some time here clearing off my MacBook so that the internal hard drive is now available for Lubuntu testing. Same with the PPC eMAC. Also have recently acquired an older Intel Celeron box, which I intend to used for WUBI testing. Still trying to grope my way through the reporting system, and I'm not certain that I'm doing any of it right at this point. Would be interested in knowing if my test reports of this afternoon got through. They appear to have been accepted.

Haven't been to communicative over the past week.... took some time to get my various computers re-organized without losing anything critical. Think I'm now ready to help, but I must admit the learning curve is steeper that I'd thought it would be.

Cheers
Ron Mitchell

--
Ron Mitchell <rm2892@xxxxxxxxx>