Re: ppc - yaboot

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 10:03 PM, Ron Mitchell <rm2892@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Normally you would edit /etc/yaboot.conf and then use ybin to write the
> changed file to the boot loader partition.
>
> but I've never done it. Not even sure where such a line would go.
>

> Ron Mitchell
>

> On 2012-09-05, at 6:49 PM, Phill Whiteside wrote:
>
> Hi guys,
>
> how do you interrupt a yaboot sequence to put in nomodeset?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Phill.
>
> --
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw

One more option that gets me to a live session where I can start network
manager and ubiquity.
At yaboot text     boot: <type> 'live video=ofonly'       no parenthesis

I got to a clean live session that way and the plymouth looks much better.

So far I have not got a clean install yet on my PowerBook G4 ...

Greg nm_geo