Re: PPC

2012/9/14 Lars Noodén <lars.nooden@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On 9/14/12 2:13 AM, Greg Faith wrote:
>>  No problem from here..  I generally prefer alternate installs.. But
>> my box has 1GB of ram.. smashing huh? q:o)
>> Greg nm_geo
>
> I prefer the Alternate installs, too.
>
> Regards,
> /Lars

Alternate is, practically, like the debian installer, right? If so, in
my opinion, at least there should be assured that the installer
recognizes the broadcom chip (and comes with the needed firmware to be
able to work).

IME, it was a pain in the a** to organize a 2nd computer and to
configure it properly to work as a gateway. At least for me, as a user
[1]. And i'd think manxy others would be in my identical sitiuation
(and finally horrified by the problem; especially when you think they
are Mac users . . .).

[1] Ok, it was especially hard since i only had a netbook running
lubuntu with wicd . . . ;) (i do this because the default
network-manager does not cooperate well with bluetooth - in my setup).