Re: Usable PPC Image

On 9/17/12 6:26 PM, Nicholas Skaggs wrote:
> I have heard rumblings that the ppc images for quantal are in bad shape;
> aka it's not possible to get an installed system. Lacking a ppc system
> myself, a few questions:
>
> Is this true?
> Assuming it is true, do we have a shortlist of bugs that is causing
> these issues? I'm happy to help out here and try and get some help if
> it's needed to solve these bugs.
>
> Do let me know. Thanks,
>
> Nicholas

Last I checked it was still true.

On the desktop image, it is still this bug that stops the show:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/1040544

On the alternate image, the installation completes but then there is no
usable X.  Just a blank screen and mildly screwed up mouse pointer.
This is true even on the 2012-09-16 Alternate image.  I just noticed
that the 09-17 image is in place but I expect it is the same.

Regards,
/Lars