GRUB version 1.99 and 12.10

Hi,

http://i46.tinypic.com/345fybs.jpg

I'm done with Lubuntu 12.10 32-bit installation (the daily build -
18-9-2012). Installation done on /dev/sda7. GRUB was installed on sda7 NOT
the MBR of sda.
This is an Asus F3F Laptop, Intel Due @1.86GHz with 512MB RAM.

My guess is GRUB version 2 has different codes/scripts and the old one
(GRUB 1.99) is still not familiar with it.
I'm not sure which entry shall I choose? there are 3 entries instead of 2:

*Ubuntu' --class ubuntu  --class gun-linux  --class gnu  --class os  ....etc
> **Ubuntu, with Linux 3.5.0-15-generic' --class ubuntu --class gnu-linux
>  --class gnu --class os ....etc
> **Ubuntu, with Linux 3.5.0-15-generic (recovery mode )'  --class ubuntu
> --class gnu-linux  --class gnu --class os ....etc *

The two entries in RED, if I'm not wrong, they both give me the same result
and lead to the same road. I login to the desktop and everything is ok.
So, why there are two? it should be one.

I know we can edit the GRUB menu either manually or by another application
(GRUB Customizer) but, by default, usually, there are two entries.

Any idea what is exactly going on?

Thanks!

P.S.
Perhaps I need to find another machine or maybe an USB Drive so I can test
the new GRUB too where I can install GRUB version 2 to the MBR.

--
*Best Regards,
amjjawad*