Re: No desktop on beta2 alternate ppc

Hi Lars,

Colin Watson has said that it is not a ubiquity bug, which you confirm -
the system installs. Just a blank screen. Can you use the workaround [1] to
get it working? from my reading of the issue, it is a mix of kernel and X
that is causing the issue. Trying to get one of the teams to not blame the
other is not going to be easy. What would help is a patch that works which
I can them take to those two teams. 1046951[2] is now marked as a dupe of
1040526, It is my honest opinion that  1040544 be likewise marked so as to
heard the bug into one area. If we have the information associated with the
issue in one place, I stand a better chance of getting it looked at :)

The 'script' for who to blame [4] when installs fail does point to Xorg for
this, but we also know that a kernel change has been made..... Not fun :(

1. https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1040526
2.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-ati/+bug/1046951
3. https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/1040544