[ppc] other nVidia ideas

Since I haven't heard anyone say the nVidia fix did the trick, I thought I'd look up some possible kernel parameters to use. So really doing a heavy read of the FAQ re: graphics problems [1] I find:

1. video=ofonly is not predicted to work for noveau (open source nVidia driver fwiw)
2. nouveau.modeset=0 will turn off KMS and may help (just as with radeon.modeset=0 for Radeon chips)
3. video=offb:off turns OpenFirmware framebuffer off
5. video=<conn>:d where <conn> can be found in /sys/class/drm and is not the same as the one in #4 as this disables these outputs, which can be helpful according to the Gentoo page [2] referenced by the ppc faq. Make sure to do all of them.
6. combine the above!

Don't forget you can figure out which card you have by looking in lspci.

This info is all readily available but all of it is not collated together so neatly, so I thought this might be useful. Good luck.

wxl

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PowerPCFAQ#What_yaboot_parameters_should_I_use_for_graphics_problems.3F
[2] http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Nouveau#Phantom_and_unpopulated_output_connector_issues