Re: lubuntu powerpc desktop 20120928 SUCCESS

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 22:47:05 -0600
Greg Faith <gregfaith@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Finally got a Live USB to have good graphics and clean dialog boxes
> for the install.
> at yaboot boot:   live video=radeonfb:1024x768-32@60

This is the magic sauce for sure! Good work, Greg! I assume this is unnecessary once installed and the Radeon fix [1] implemented?

I also thought I might share in light of this magic that I have in my possession the grimoire that explains it all [2]. In the section regarding video parameters [3], we find the general format is:

I can't wait to go home and grab the new iso (20120929) as it looks from the manifest like kernel 3.5.0-16.25 is included which is greater than the -16.24 that implemented the nVidia fix [4] (I checked with lspci this morning and it's an nVidia alright).

It looks like we're making great progress. Good job everyone!

wxl

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-ati/+bug/1058641
[2] https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt
[3] https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/fb/modedb.txt