Re: lubuntu powerpc desktop 20120928 SUCCESS

On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 11:40 AM, ∅ <maps.backward@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 22:47:05 -0600
> Greg Faith <gregfaith@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > at yaboot boot:   live video=radeonfb:1024x768-32@60
>
> This is the magic sauce for sure! Good work, Greg! I assume this is
> unnecessary once installed and the Radeon fix [1] implemented?

You are correct after the install completes there is no need to put in the
kernel command line again.
As Adam will tell us we are using the *f*ail*b*ack..

I tried >

Linux video=offb:off video=radeonfb:off video=1024x768-32 radeon.agpmode=-1
Then changed the Linux to live which made more sense>

live video=offb:off video=radeonfb:off video=1024x768-32 radeon.agpmode=-1

tried>

video=offb:off video=radeonfb:off video=1024x768-32 radeon.agpmode=-1

All I get is a frozen screen with some text:

Then I used>

*live video=radeonfb:1024x768-32@60
*
Bingo that is what worked for me. I am doing a zsync to test
today's 20121001 iso.

Hey Lars can you give this a spin tomorrow??

By the way wxl thanks for the links.

Greg nm_geo