Re: lubuntu powerpc desktop 20120928 SUCCESS

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012, at 04:49 PM, UH wrote:

> Just a question regard what Phill said: Do i understand right that
> means, if you, coding ppc people, do not find a solution without any
> need of bricolage there will be no release for 12.10 ppc? And, in that
> case ppc will come to the end with 12.04 LTS?

As long as we test the Ubuntu Server PPC image sufficiently, that one
should officially go through and be released in 12.10. Since it has no X
at all, it really should work fine!

So, a failure to find a thoroughly workable solution for X on PPC for
12.10 will not, as I see it, mean the end of PPC, just six months of no
   official PPC GUI release from Ubuntu.

I can't yet get the Lubuntu Desktop or Alternate ISOs to boot to a GUI
on a borrowed Powerbook G4 with an nVidia card in it.  But Ubuntu Server
installs and runs fine for me on that hardware.  Will try the 20121001
daily tonight if I can.

Jonathan
--
  Jonathan Marsden