New Ubuntu Server PPC boot issue? (was: Re: The final push...)

On 10/11/2012 06:36 PM, Phill Whiteside wrote:

> @ Jonathan, I'll run through the ppc-server tests in a VM, server
> does not seem to be affected by the desktop issues as it is a more
> CLI driven beast. If you can pull up the install menu and okay that
> and any others you have time to check, I can go through the other
> test cases (and edit them where it is needed).

I tried the Install (Default) testcase for Ubuntu Server PPC.  See
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/testcases/1337/info .  It has some
minor English fixups needed, and I am not seeing a menu from which to
select "Install Ubuntu Server" as Step 2 says I should, but that's not
the important bit.

With the "Quantal Final" image dated 20121013 it installs but then I see
a kernel panic (some sort of recursive fault, I've not yet captured the
details) when booting from the hard disk!

I am now retesting using the older 20120925 Beta2 image to verify that
one works and that my PPC hardware is fine.

If anyone else can confirm or deny this problem, that would be good.
Otherwise, I'll start gathering info on the panic and open a kernel bug.
 I'm on #ubuntu-testing right now BTW.

Jonathan