The final push...

Hi,

as you will have seen the chatter about & the email from Julien, we are on
the final push. Respins are due, the notes need preparing etc. etc. I'm
also going to be back pretty much full time having gotten the nightmare of
a Virtual Machine for some 200 people back and working.  For Doc / Wiki
stuff, simply email me stuff if you're not familiar with wiki editing.

@ Karl, don't worry, we all get sessions of burn out. I'll prep the
'GetLubuntu' up ready for the switch on.

@ Unit, when you get chance - can you let me know the status of the 'grab
everything' for my mirror.

@ PPC, I know Colin has been bashing his head (and others), to get a
deffinative answer as to how we're going to deal with the issues. I still
do think that [1] is the best way forward, perfect it is most certainly is
not. Possible to do, it is. You do not need to be a wiki writer, email me
what works for the two chipsets and that link can be included on both the
CD and release notes. The advantage of using Wiki, is that they can be
easily updated as progress is made whether it be last minute changes, or
post-release stuff.

@ Jonathan, I'll run through the ppc-server tests in a VM, server does not
seem to be affected by the desktop issues as it is a more CLI driven beast.
If you can pull up the install menu and okay that and any others you have
time to check, I can go through the other test cases (and edit them where
it is needed).

Keep an eye on the iso tracker[2] and once again we are allowed to view the
list of what re-spins are due and for what reason on the -release ether pad
area[3].

If I'm at my computer I'll be on #ubuntu-testing, if you have any things
you want to discuss re: Wiki notes etc, then I'll also be on ##phillw or
else feel to ping me, email me... nag me etc!

Thanks,

Phill.
1. https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/Documentation/FAQ/PPC
2. http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/240/builds