Re: Download links on lubuntu.net point to 12.03 not 12.10

On Fri, 2012-10-19 at 10:47 -0700, ∅ wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 10:51:47 -0600
> Aere Greenway <Aere@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > when I went
> > to continue with the upgrade, I discovered that the buttons to click-on
> > for continuing, were off the bottom of the screen, and there was no way
> > to get them back!
>
> this isn't the same as a missing lxpanel [1] is it? i seem to be having all sorts of lxpanel issues with an upgrade from 12.04 on my eeepc.
>
> wxl
>
> [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lxpanel/+bug/1068640

wxl:

This has nothing to do with the panel (that I can think of).

The dialog box, when initially displayed, fit okay in the screen.  But
when I clicked to expand the list of packages to be removed, the window
expanded to make room to display the list, and in doing so, expanded the
bottom of the window beyond the bottom of the screen.

Moving the window to the top of the screen was not enough to expose the
buttons.  Collapsing the list did not restore the window to its former
size.  Minimizing (iconifying) the window, and then restoring it did not
restore it to its former size.

And neither button (I found out later) was selected as the default, so I
couldn't have just hit "Enter" to click the default button.

I tried switching to the alternate desktop, but no part of the window
was visible there.

My only option (that I could think of) was to close the window, and
abort the upgrade.

In doing that, it did restore the system to its former state, and I was
able to re-initiate the upgrade process, this time avoiding expanding
the list of packages to be removed, so I could see (and click-on) the
button to proceed with the upgrade.

--

Sincerely,
Aere