Lots of problems after successfull installation of 12.10

After i finally succeeded in installing 12.10 ppc to my PB G4 (17",
radeon) now, while i'm trying to set it up to be used by my wife, i
realize serious problems:

1) Suspend to disk and Suspend to ram do not work, at least not as
they did in 12.04. Only the screen is suspended the cpu continues
running as it does the fan, the mouse ecc. This bad behaviour remains
the same either for suspend-to-disk or for suspend-to-ram. (Footline:
I'm inclined to think there is something wrong seriously, since i have
problems - which make unuseable both even on an amd64 notebook
(suspend-to-ram it's impossible to wake up, supend-to-disk shuts down
- HARDWAREWISE!!! - wifi and i don't see any chance to reactivate it
if not by reboot).

Btw, closing the lid does also only shut down screen but not the cpu,
the apple logo outside the lid remains illuminated. Trying to
confugure via XFCE powermanager resulted in being absolutely useless.

I looked into the pbbuttonsd.conf file but at least to my very
superficial knowledge i didn't see anything. If wished i could post
the content of the file (i also have some questions in regard.
Unfortunately the nice graphical interface PowerPrefs seems to be
outdated. I tried to install it, but during the installation there was
a lament regarding missing gtk-2.0 or something like that).

2) The Fn+F3 thru F6 (Sound on/off, lower respectively raise volume)
do not work. Note, this is pretty much identical to my amd-64 (there
too, i posted it separately, that keys do not work).

3) After configuring the PB G4 keyboard to german layout i lost the
access to the consoles by alt-strg-f1-f6 (and f7 to turn back). The
consoles are there but i cannot access them.

May be you more knowledged people have some ideas.

TIA, Uli

Follow ups