apple sound

note i didn't mark this as ppc. i'm not sure it is.

in light of the apparently sound-related problems we're having with disk resizing on alternate [1] i spoke with a fellow on irc today who has a macbook pro that has no sound in 12.10 where it did in 12.04. i was going to suggest perhaps the hardware was the same, but it appears that it is indeed not, given that it's intel:
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)
dude's done all the sound troubleshooting already.

i'm not sure what to say, but i guess i'm pointing this out in hopes that perhaps this may help answer the question as to why we are struggling with sound on the apples.

wxl

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1066435

Follow ups