Fwd: Handing over ubuntu-qa to the Qatar loco team

Please note, this does not affect L-QA, but if any of you have a views on
us migrating to lubuntu-quality I'm more than happy to hear from you.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nicholas Skaggs <nicholas.skaggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 29 October 2012 15:43
Subject: Handing over ubuntu-qa to the Qatar loco team
To: ubuntu-qa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Greetings everyone ;-)

The Qatar loco team is starting up, which is wonderful to see ubuntu loco's
continuing to spread. However, this means in order for the loco naming
standard to continue, we must give up this mailing list name. Never fear,
our archives and subscriptions will be migrated to the new list, but we
need a new name.

Since I happened to be at UDS with some of you, I took a moment to poll the
room. The two immediate ideas are
ubuntu-quality and ubuntu-testing. Ubuntu-testing was an obvious choice to
keep the naming conventions of the launchpad team and irc channel the same.
That said I preferred, as did everyone else, ubuntu-quality. So given the
time sensitive nature of the request (it needs to happen ASAP), I'll leave
this message open for feedback overnight. Assuming no one has a convincing
argument or complaint, we'll move forward with the change to ubuntu-quality
for a mailing list name.

This change will happen ASAP for the mailing list. Given the desire to keep
things consistent, people seemed in agreement to undergo a full re-naming.
This will require changing all of our documentation, migrating our IRC
channel, migrating our launchpad team, etc, etc. Now taking volunteers for
this effort :-p It won't be as bad as it sounds, but will require work and
timing on our part to accomplish asap.

Thanks everyone!

Nicholas