No suspend on 12.10ppc

Regard the problem with suspend on the pb g4 running 12.10ppc lubuntu,
i looked a bit into 'etc/power/' and saw there are several scripts
organizing how powermanagement is talked to. The first question that
came up to my mind is: Isn't it that pbbuttonsd should do that? There
is a pm-pbbuttonsd.conf file as well but is it possible there is some
overdetermination being there other scripts as well. I tried, for what
i understand, to tweak the 'etc/pbbuttonsd.conf' but with no real
effect regard the basic problem.

Now, second question: Do that scripts rule over the powermanagement or
are they only like windows to routines which are built into the kernel
itself (in this case grying to tweak this scripts very likely would be
useless - in my - computerwise - simple mind).

And then, only a small thing abroad: I tried to install either
gtkpbbuttonsd or  powerprefs (both graphical interfaces to
pbbuttonsd), which would be handy to configure pbbuttonsd. But during
the installation routine i got the error msg 'no gtk-2.0 found'. Now,
could that be avoided in some way, doing 'make'. Are there parameters
one could type in to bring make to success anyway? Generally, i'd say
it'd be very useful to have some graphical layout to configure
pbbuttonsd in a ppc version of lubuntu. May be someone of the coding
capable people would find a way (?)

TIA