Re: PPC Test Cases

I'd be willed to help testing, within my limited capabilities, obviously.

For me, frankly 2 points are the most important for any future release:

1) Figure out the problem of No-SUSPEND & No-HIBERNATE (In my
experience that's kernelrelated thing and not only limited to ppc but
also for the amd64 version - for the later one i found a workaround)

2) The kernel-updates not going to the correct directories (cfr:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1918246&page=6 ). I'm
suspecting that's due to the fact, that the update/install script is
based on the grub-ones, where the symlinks are going to the topmost
directory . . . May be, either the yaboot related scripts should be
changed (if possible), that they behave like grub (no boot folder) or
the update script should be adapted to yaboot configuration.

These 2 points brought me to gave up to install lubuntu (12.04 as well
as 12.10) to the internal hd of the PB (which is used by my wife as
secondary machine) but Debian sid (it's kernel 3.2 based, suspend and
hibernate work and kernel updates go where they should). It's a bit a
pity, since in that way one stays behind with firefox (iceweasel now
is at version 10) and creates problems with ubuntone, but OTOH it
works

On an externel firewire hd i can play around (may be with some limits
since it's not sda but sdc i'm working on ... (?) ).

Cheers, Uli