Re: Chromium

On 12/13/2012 11:37 PM, Phill Whiteside wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> @ Alex, you are in direct as I want to CC to others. You have already stated your wish to help out on this issue.
>
> @ Chad & Micah, I see answers to chromium bugs with the statement "please up grade to to version XYZ". However, I never see a link for someone to do so. The 'official' PPA[1] is out dated, Chad's[2] is still a personal PPA and seems about level with Alex's personal PPA[3].

Hi Phill.  We are very close to getting Chromium releasing smoothly and updated very quickly after releases.

I don't know if I'll use the old PPA address or not.  No one should ever need a PPA for chromium-browser, unless they're testing 'beta' or 'dev' channels.  All supported releases of Ubuntu will be getting official packages in the main repository within a day or two after any stable PPA would build it anyway.

So, you're asking me to begin something that I've been working the last month working on.  :)  It will happen sooner than you thought.

- chad