From: Ubuntu Forums <coffeecat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 12 February 2013 17:27
Subject: Reply to thread '[PPC] Testers needed for PowerPC 12.04'
To: phillw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear phillw,

This is a notification email. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO IT.

este.el.paz has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled -
[PPC] Testers needed for PowerPC 12.04 - in the Apple Users forum of Ubuntu
Forums.

This thread is located at:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1918246&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
***************
Testing LiveDVD Lu 12.04 on iBook G4 993MHz & 612??MB RAM dual USB:

Ran a second experiment on the LiveDVD burned recently as mentioned in
does boot up with just the word "live" . . . no other boot parameters
needed.  But, checking for "Suspend" which is important for me . . . there
was no tab for "suspend"???  Clicking on Hibernate brought--"not
authorized" whatever that might mean.  And, no biggie, wireless is not
working--"b43--not found, device not ready" . . . probably needs a
driver?????? IMHO.

But, perhaps a little more concerning is while looking at a photo filled
web email page in FF, the DVD drive started chattering, fan started blowing
pretty hard, and then lost control of the mouse while trying to click on
stuff . . . had to shut it down.  This same loss of mouse control happened
when I was testing a Ku LiveDVD quite awhile back.  Would that mean that
the iBook would require an xorg.conf file to be installed to keep
everything under control??  Possibly . . . it could be that the installer
would straighten all of that out during the install, but, as I mentioned I
don't have the time to take that gamble and then need to spend time to fix
it . . . so I'm on the fence on the iBook--maybe later in the year there
will be more time for fiddling around.

 If I ever get my iMac back running the Xu/Lu system already I would be
happy to try to hook it up as an official "tester" . . . as last we stood,
it probably needs a change of xorg.conf file, but it won't run long enough
to do . . . so it's out of the running for PPC test champion award . . . .

e.e.p.

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more
notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
Ubuntu Forums